A grant-funded position overseen by MATSOL
Biliteracy Pathway Awards are given to elementary and middle school students who are developing proficiency in English and an additional language. Coordinated by the Language Opportunity Coalition (LOC), the awards are designed to create a pathway for long-term language learning and prepare students to earn the Massachusetts State Seal of Biliteracy at high school graduation.
This grant-funded project focuses on updating the coalition’s website to facilitate sharing of resources between educators implementing the awards and improving award data collection. The position may be expanded or extended if additional funding is received. The work can be carried out on a flexible self-paced schedule.
- Working with SOBL Workgroup, update the SealOfBiliteracyMA.org website (https://sealofbiliteracyma.org/) with new and revised content for Biliteracy Pathway Award implementation.
- Improve Pathway award data collection: Summarize data from 2019-22; Revise data collection tool (Google Form) for 2023 awards; Do outreach to EL/WL directors to collect Pathway award data.
- Familiarity with the Massachusetts State Seal of Biliteracy and LOC Biliteracy Pathway Award programs.
- Technical skills: Google Suite (Doc, Forms, Sheets); Creating and editing pages and posts in WordPress
- Good writing and communication skills
To apply, send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com by January 15, 2023.